Saturday, February 19, 2011

Reflections

I have been blogging for more than 10 years. So when I found out about this assignment, I thought it was going to be a piece of cake. But I was definately wrong! My years of blogging was not for the professional audience. It was just a journal of my daily routines, mindless rantings, and others. This blog was a challenge to me. Though time consuming, I'm glad that the class was asked to create this blog.

This assignment taught me the changes that the blogger community have gone through. It may not be a huge difference, but nonetheless, it was an enriching experience. A blog is no longer a place where you can just tell the world about your lives. It has become a tool for professionals to communicate with their intended audience.

I have also learnt that designs in online publications is important in order to gain readership, which I failed to recognize during the first few years of my blogging stint. Through research, I have come to term with this problem, and decided to start anew, and apply what I have learnt in this module for my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment